1. Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.
- Oprah Winfrey (1954 - ), O Magazine, September 200
2. When you leave college, there are thousands of people out there with the same degree you have; when you get a job, there will be thousands of people doing what you want to do for a living. But you are the only person alive who has sole custody of your life.
- Anna Quindlen (1953 - ), A Short Guide to a Happy Life, 2000
3. The kind of beauty I want most is the hard-to-get kind that comes from within - strength, courage, dignity.
- Ruby Dee
4. Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.
- Thich Nhat Hanh
5. If you can't do what you want, do what you can.
- Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory", 1996